Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books I'm Thankful For

Y'all. It's been a hot minute since I've done a Top Ten Tuesday, a weekly feature from The Broke and the Bookish. I'm celebrated being off work for five days with a glass of wine, my kitten, and some books I'm thankful for.

I have copy of this book from when I was in second grade that I show my second graders every year. There is no cover and there are pages missing, but I keep it to show them how much I love reading. I can still recite some of these poems by heart. 

Before you scoff, there are a lot of reasons I'm thankful for Twilight. It opened me up to a new genre that I hadn't read before, but it also opened me up to a plethora of amazing people. I've made some of the best friends because of this book. 

Always a classic. Always a favorite. 

Also thankful to my mom for buying me all of the BSC books ever. 

I read this to my new class every year. Every year I cry. 

I love Emery Lord's words. Reading about working through your grief and still be strong in your faith resonates with me on a deeply personal level. 

I love this book. That's all. 

I love this book for bringing a strong, but broken male lead into the YA dystopian world. 

This series is perfection to me. 

How could I have a list like this without Harry? 

There it is. I'm sure after I post this I'll have a ton of ideas about what I should have posted and what else I love, but that's what I've got for right now. I'm thankful for books, the freedom to read them, and for anyone who reads this little old blog of mine. Thank you! 


UPDATE: 
I remembered this just as I was publishing. I love this book. And it's sequel. You'll laugh and cry and then cry some more. 

Comments