(Review) P.S. I Like You

P.S. I Like You by Kasie West
Publication Date: July 26th, 2016
Pages: 336 (paperback)
Genre: Young Adult 
My Goodreads Rating: 4 stars

Goodreads Synopsis:


Signed, sealed, delivered…
While spacing out in chemistry class, Lily scribbles some of her favorite song lyrics onto her desk. The next day, she finds that someone has continued the lyrics on the desk and added a message to her. Intrigue!

Soon, Lily and her anonymous pen pal are exchanging full-on letters—sharing secrets, recommending bands, and opening up to each other. Lily realizes she’s kind of falling for this letter writer. Only, who is he? As Lily attempts to unravel the mystery and juggle school, friends, crushes, and her crazy family, she discovers that matters of the heart can’t always be spelled out…

My Review: 
I am a HUGE fan of Kasie's work and was super excited to finally get to sit down with this one. I've been really good this year about not running out and buying every book every, so I patiently waited on the library list for this one. 

It was totally worth it!

I liked Lily from the very beginning. She's quirky and talented, and also a little clueless at times. The intrigue of a penpal is an adorable premise and I loved the suspense of the whole situation. Reading the letters that the two of them wrote to each other and how they opened up in words was so sweet, and a great part of the story. 

At some point before reading I'd actually read a spoiler about who the penpal was, so I was little more open-minded when it came to his behavior toward Lily. Not that it was excusable, but once we get to know him, Cade is a sweet, albeit troubled, guy. 

I really loved how he got under Lily's skin and how she tried to ignore him and it didn't work. I think this story has your typical drama and your typical mean girl (ugh, Sasha) but it also has a lot of other great characters that play a great part in this story.

This is definitely one of Kasie's best and it gave me all the feels. 



Comments