(Review) The Little Paris Bookshop

The LIttle Paris Bookshop by Nina George
Publication Date: March 22, 2016
Pages: 416 (paperback) 
Genre: Adult 
My Goodreads Rating: Did Not Finish


Goodreads Synopsis: 
Monsieur Perdu calls himself a literary apothecary. From his floating bookstore in a barge on the Seine, he prescribes novels for the hardships of life. Using his intuitive feel for the exact book a reader needs, Perdu mends broken hearts and souls. The only person he can't seem to heal through literature is himself; he's still haunted by heartbreak after his great love disappeared. She left him with only a letter, which he has never opened.

After Perdu is finally tempted to read the letter, he hauls anchor and departs on a mission to the south of France, hoping to make peace with his loss and discover the end of the story. Joined by a bestselling but blocked author and a lovelorn Italian chef, Perdu travels along the country’s rivers, dispensing his wisdom and his books, showing that the literary world can take the human soul on a journey to heal itself.

My Review:
 I tried, but this book just wasn't for me. I wasn't sure what the main character was thinking or where the story was really even going. He switched from person to person often and, while I know it was part of his job, it was hard to keep track of for me. I'm sure others will enjoy this book, but I prefer something a little more fast-paced.
Like I said, it was hard to keep up with the different characters. Maybe I'll pick it up again later on down the road. 
I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review. 

Comments